.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Helping hands 

Recently there were number of e-mails from people around who want to help those suffered or want to know about their loved ones. It’s great feeling that people all over the world hold hands together leaving language barriers, religion, cast, breed, region and all other factors behind. One of such is Andreas from Germany who is the foster-parent of Child Shaiju Francis. Here is an excerpt from our e-mail communications.

Andreas wrote:
“Francis lives in Kurumpanai closer to the costal areas of Colachel to Kanyakumari. I am the foster parent of Shaiju Francis, who lives in the CSI Rehabilitation & Training Center for the orthopaedically Handicapped, Kanyakumari District. My "child" is 12 years old and we write us letters. With his parents I had no contact. I try to get in contact with his parents also with the help of the hospital. The parents of "my" child lived in Kurumpanai. As name of his father I only know "Mr. M. Francis" and have no address. He’s working as a fisherman. The brothers of Shaiju are between 9 and 16 years old. From the stepmother I know not more also. The family is Roman Catholic and belongs to the Mukkovar.”

I was able to contact the CSI Rehabilitation center authorities with the help of my brother Biju and his friends and we found that the child is safe, though we do not know the whereabouts of his stepmother and his four brothers.

Andreas also have a pledge for “A fisherman boat” for this community.

Great job Andreas, Good luck for you future plans.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?