.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 27, 2005

The snow is finally here 

Snow is finally here in England. Though it is just about one inch snow around most places, I enjoyed it thoroughly as this is the first time I get to see snow in my life. The most beautiful snowfall was the one last week while we were at work. I ran outside and stood near the car park for few minutes, I was covered with snowflakes all over my body. It’s pure fun.

The snowflakes are interesting if you take a close look at them. Each snowflake is made up of 2 to 200 snow crystals. These snow crystals are crystals that have formed around tiny bits of dirt that have been carried up into the atmosphere by the wind. Snow crystals take different shapes depending on the temperature at which it was formed. The simplest one is a long needle shaped like a spike. The other shapes all have six sides. One of them is a long, hollow column that is spiked like a six-sided prism. There are also flat six sided plates. And lastly they are intricate, six pointed stars.

I hope it snows heavily this week!
Pani pozhivu - In Tamil meaning snowfall


In front of our house


Scene behind our house


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?