.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 03, 2005

On the track 

Just about two hours ago I received a confirmation email from the Hutch Delhi Half-Marathon committee that my entry for “Great Delhi Run” on October 16 is confirmed. Though I wrote about Chennai Marathon race few months back, this is the first ever Marathon run I am taking part in my life, I am excited about it. It’s not just about excitement; more than excitement it’s about contributing for a noble cause. As of now we are a group of 9 people and we expect to have a bit of fun as well.

Another two weeks from now and I got to be prepared to run for 7 Km on the highways of Indian capital watched by thousands of people and viewers around the nation. So I decided to give it a trial run at our office gym, after a long wait for around 25 minutes I got a chance to step into the treadmill. It’s a modern treadmill; it even calculates your pulse rate/heartbeats per minutes. I kept on increasing the speed to 6 (not sure about the speed measurement unit), it started shouting at 6.4 that I shouldn’t go beyond this speed for my pulse rate. I turned off the pulse detector and went on till 12 speed without much problem, but soon after completing 2 kilometer I was completely down, I now needed the help of the handbar, I couldn’t stand on my own. Oh Man! Once I thought 7 Km is simple, but now 2 Km itself seems to be a tougher target. I now started questioning my stamina; I play football rarely, I workout at home often, still I am no way near the 7 Km target. Race is not just about fitness, it’s also about stamina and control.

This is just an initial assessment. Miles to go before 16th.
Cheers!

Comments:
Keep off the beer.
Up the exercise and you will really do it!
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?