.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ponmudi 

Ponmudi, a hill station situated at an altitude of 1000 meters from the sea level is a perfect spot for one-day trip if you live around Trivandrum, it’s hardly 75 k.m from here.
This is not only my first ever trip to any hill station in Kerala, it’s also my first ever long trip in my new car. Me being an inexperienced driver added more thrill; we kicked off the journey from Kazhakoottam around 9 a.m. and reached half way within the next hour, but the remaining half took three hours. There were 22 deadly hairpin turns in the final 17 k.m, which thoroughly tested my driving skills, I was lucky enough that there were no KSRTC buses turned my way during uphill. At times I felt that I was not the only driver in the WagonR, there were four others, Dipesh, Peyush, Biju and T.K, one of whom forecasting the forthcoming hairpin, another peeping out anxiously looking for any oncoming vehicles, another one directing me not to go extreme left, another one asking for sound horn. Well, it was all over by 1 p.m when we reached the hilltop, it was time for a small trek in the rocky mountain surrounded by lush green. Leeches did not miss the chance to taste my and Peyush’s blood.

We did’t miss the chance to take a dip in the chilled waters flowing through the hilltop and rocky terrains. Also visited Neyyar Dam on the way back. And finally back home by 9 p.m.

Three cheers to the entire unit! Can’t wait for the next one!!
Ponmudi peak - can't reach any better
Ponmudi peak - can't reach any better

uprooted
uprooted

together we challenge the wind
together we challenge the wind


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?